Data Protection Notice
- SmartCow is a Consortium made of several institutions that are supported by the EU Horizon 2020 Framework Programme to conduct a 4-years’ research project under the coordination of the Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique (INRA), a French public research institute dedicated to agricultural science.
- The “European Federation for Animal Science” (EAAP) is an international non-governmental organization with its registered office in Rome (Italy), via G. Tomassetti 3/A1, 00161, which aims to improve the knowledge and the dissemination of research results of domestic animals farming. Based on the description of SmartCow activities included in Grant Agreement n. 730924, Annex 1, EAAP is responsible for the implementation of SmartCow communication and dissemination activities (including the creation and diffusion of e-newsletters).
- For the purposes of its communication and dissemination activities within the SmartCow project, EAAP may need to process certain personal data or personal information concerning individuals who are part of the SmartCow Consortium or are interested in receiving the e-newsletters, information, data and services that could be made available by the SmartCow Consortium.
- For the purpose of this Data Protection Notice and pursuant to Article 4 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation), “personal data” means “any information relating to a natural person identified or identifiable, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”; “processing” means “any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction”.
- Your personal data will/may be processed by EAAP on behalf of the SmartCow Consortium for the following purposes:
- Communicating and disseminating project outputs/results;
- Informing about SmartCow events, trainings courses and workshops;
- Sending out SmartCow press releases and e-newsletters;
- Sending out project internal communications ;
- Responding to any enquiries about the project;
- Implementing other communication and dissemination activities related to SmartCow objectives.
- SmartCow Consortium represented by the project coordinator René Baumont and EAAP, represented by its Secretary General Andrea Rosati, lawfully and rightfully process personal data in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679. Personal data are processed by EAAP on behalf of the SmartCow consortium in a manner that ensures appropriate security, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organisational measures, and kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than it is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed.
- The processing of personal data by the SmartCow Consortium and EAAP shall be without prejudice to all the rights conferred to you as data subject by Articles 15-21 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679, namely:
- Right to have access to your own personal data processed by the SmartCow Consortium and to receive the information on the persons or third parties who have directly or indirectly access to your personal data stored in the EAAP databases; this include the right to receive a response to the request for the information whether your personal data are being processed and receive the personal data within 30 calendar days after the request is made;
- Right to obtain the rectification without undue delay of inaccurate or incomplete personal data;
- Right to obtain the restriction of processing of your personal data where they are: (a) inaccurate; (b) no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were processed, but you need them for the establishment, exercise or defence of your legal claims;
- Right to obtain the erasure without undue delay of your personal data where: (a) they are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were processed; (b) they have been unlawfully processed; c) you have exercised your right of withdrawal of consent on which the processing is based and there is no other legal ground for the processing;
- Right to require the provision of your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format; and where technically feasible, to transmit your data directly to another controller of your choice (right to data portability);
- Right to object at any time to processing of personal data where they are processed for direct marketing purposes, which includes profiling to the extent that it is related to such direct marketing;
- Right to protect your personal data from unlawful processing or accidental loss, destruction or damage caused by intentional or untimely concealment, and the right for protection from information which is unreliable or harms the person’s honour, dignity, and business reputation;
- Right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority to safeguard your rights of personal data protection;
- Right to withdraw your consent to processing your personal data at any time.
Accomplishment of all rights can be demanded by contacting the EAAP’s representative, Mr. Andrea Rosati, by email (email@example.com).
This Data Protection Notice serves as an integral part of the terms and conditions of all activities developed by the SmartCow consortium.
 Only applies to SmartCow partners. The partners of the SmartCow consortium will equally be allowed to use the contact details of SmartCow members to send out project internal communications.
 That period may be extended by two further months where necessary, taking into account the complexity and number of the requests. EAAP shall inform the data subject of any such extension within one month of receipt of the request, together with the reasons for the delay (Article 12(3) GDPR).