The SmartCow final conference took place on 6th April 2022, in Brussels, at University Foundation. The conference was held on a hybrid format, giving the possibility to attend both in presence and remotely. Click here to read the Agenda
The conference was organised in 5 sessions with 12 presentations and one round table. The conference was recorded, here below you will find the video link for all the presentations.
- “SmartCow final conference: Introduction” – René Baumont (INRAE). Pdf presentation.
- “Interactive map and survey of cattle facilities across Europe” – Patricia Ryan, Michael O’Donovan (TEAGASC).
- “Standardizing vocabulary and methods, sharing data: ontologies, book of methods and data platform” – Bjorn Kuhla (FBN); Catherine Hurtaud (INRAE); Anisa Aubin (Agrimetrics). Pdf presentation.
- “Refining gold standard methods in cattle nutrition” – Chris Reynolds (UREAD); Jan Dijkstra (WU). Pdf presentation.
- “Proxies to predict feed efficiency and emissions” – Cécile Martin (INRAE); Frédéric Dehareng (CRA-W), Gonzalo Cantalapiedra (INRAE). Pdf presentation.
- “Sensors techniques to phenotype behavior and health” – Isabelle Vessier (INRAE), Kees van Reenen (WUR-DLO). Pdf presentation.
- “Ethics and implementation of 3R in cattle experiments” – Kenny Rutherford (SRUC). Pdf presentation.
- “An overview of Transnational Access (TNA) program in SmartCow” – Richard Dewhurst (SRUC). Pdf presentation.
- “Feedback from TNA users” – Angela Schwarm (Norwegian University of Life Science, Norway); Raphaël Boré (Idele, France); Joan Edwards (Palital Feed Additives; The Netherlands). Pdf presentations: Angela Schwarm – Raphaël Boré – Joan Edwards.
- “Infrastructure work program in Horizon Europe” – Jimena Arango Montanez (REA – DG Research). Pdf presentation.
- “Societal challenges and research need for the livestock sector” – Jean-Charles Cavitte (DG AGRI).
- “Round table: Industry and academic needs for research infrastructures in animal science” – Arnaud Bouxin (FEFFAC), Ana Granados (EFFAB/ATF); Sven Dänicke (FLI); Nicolas Friggens (INRAE- GENTORE); Marc Vandeputte (INRAE – AquaExcel); Jaap van Milgen (INRAE – PigWEB). Moderator: Florence Macherez (IDELE).
- “The future of SmartCow” – René Baumont (INRAE). Pdf presentation.